Elections are held in even numbered years.
Primary election is the second Tuesday, after the first Monday, of August and the general election is the second Tuesday, after the first Monday, in November. Hours are 7AM to 8PM.
Mt. Lake’s polling place is the Mt. Lake Community Center, 1027 Second Avenue.
Mt. Lake is in the First Congressional District and in State Legislative District 22B.
To be eligible to vote in Minnesota you must:
- Be at least 18 years old on Election Day
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have resided in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding Election Day
- Have any felony conviction record discharged, expired or completed
- Not be under court-ordered guardianship where a court has revoked your voting rights
- Not have been ruled legally incompetent by a court of law
For more information on voting registration, absentee voting and other voting topics contact the Cottonwood County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office, 900 Third Ave., Windom, MN 56101, 507-831-1342.
INTERESTED IN SERVING AS AN ELECTION JUDGE? Contact Mt. Lake City Hall, 427-2999 Ext. 1.