Administration and Finance
The wide ranging daily affairs of the City of Mountain Lake are administered through the city clerk/administrator’s office. The office is committed to excellent customer service as we carry out our many and varying duties.
City Hall is located at 930 Third Ave.
City Hall Office Hours are 9 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday.
507-427-2999 Ext. 1
507-427-2999 Ext. 7
Finance Functions include:
- Providing financial support services to all city departments
- Providing timely and accurate financial reports
- Processing receivables, payables and payroll
- Overseeing the investment of city funds
- Preparing and managing special assessment rolls and accepts special assessment pre-payments
- Preparing the annual city budget
Administrative Functions include:
- Providing direction for all city and utility operations
- Providing staff support to the city council, utilities commission, and other city boards and commissions.
- Coordinating city and utility activities with the public and other government agencies on a variety of issues and projects.
- Prepares meeting agendas for City Council, Public Utilities, and Planning and Zoning Commission meetings.
- Coordinates personnel management for all departments
- Manages city records
- Oversees candidate filing for city elected positions, and preparations for Primary and General Election Days
- Accepts applications and issues:
- Building and related permits
- Rental property licenses
- Golf cart permits
- Liquor and tobacco licenses
- Dog and cat licenses
- Schedules Community Center rentals
- Sells cemetery lots and schedules burials